Fortis Living has announced its annual Fortis Community Awards which will take place on Tuesday 3 December at the University of Worcester Arena. Nominations close on Friday 11 October.
Above: Winners of last year’s Fortis Community Awards held at the University of Worcester Arena.
This is the fifth time Fortis Living has run the awards which continue to go from strength to strength. This year there are six categories which will all recognise the outstanding contributions of Fortis Living customers or those whose actions have benefitted Fortis customers.
The 2019 awards are as follows:
- Volunteer of the Year – a dedicated volunteer who has made a positive impact with their volunteering;
- Community Involvement Award – contributions that have a positive, long term impact on a local community;
- Inspiration Award – ordinary people doing extraordinary things;
- Positive Changes Award – people who have taken steps to turn their lives around;
- Young Person of the Year – a young person – under 18 – who has made a positive impact within their community;
- Group Community Project – a group of people that have come together to deliver a project that has made a positive impact on their community.
Chris Reed, Community Engagement Team Leader at Fortis Living said: “Our Fortis Awards are testimony to the fact that community spirit is well and truly alive. Each year we have been humbled by the fantastic achievements of our customers and the amazing differences they have made to their communities. This year’s awards look set to be our best yet and we look forward to receiving nominations. The deadline is Friday 11 October so there is still time to nominate.”
Fortis Living is part of Platform Housing Group which provides more than 45,000 homes from Herefordshire in the West to the Lincolnshire coast in the East, and from the Derbyshire Dales in the North to the Cotswolds in the South.