Who to contact if you're experiencing domestic abuse, how we respond and which agencies we work with.
Experiencing domestic abuse?
We offer specialist support — including referrals to other agencies who can arrange emergency accommodation — and general advice and guidance.
To report domestic abuse, or if you have any concerns or questions, please contact us by ringing, emailing, or completing the form below. Here are the details:
In an emergency please call the police on 999
0333 200 7304
Our phone lines are open from 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday
National Domestic Violence helpline
A national helpline which is available every day of the year.
Freephone: 0808 2000 247
Or complete the form below
What happens next?
If you contact Fortis Living, a person from our dedicated Communities and Neighbourhood Team will be in touch with you within one working day.
In high risk cases, we may make a Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) referral.
We may take legal action, which can result in the offender losing their home, in order to protect you, our residents and the local community.
Facts and figures
(source: Women's Aid)
- Each year 1.4 million women suffer some form of domestic abuse in England and Wales
- Each year 700,000 men suffer some form of domestic abuse in England and Wales
- 1 in 4 women experience domestic abuse during their lifetime
- 2 women are killed each week in England and Wales by a current or former partner
- 1 in 4 people identifying as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender experience domestic abuse during their lifetime